Buildings account for almost 50% of UK CO2 emissions.
Domestic buildings are responsible for 30% of CO2 emissions.
Commercial buildings (excluding industrial plant) account for 16%.
Energy White Paper (see link to
download) estimates energy efficiency measures should be able to deliver
reductions of 10MtC per annum by 2010
These measures include:
- Installing efficient condensing boilers.
- Insulating cavity walls and better insulation generally.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- A-rated household appliances.
- Improved heating (and cooling) controls.
- Improved standards of new build and refurbishment.
- Community heating and use of combined heat and power plans.