Below are generally preferred solutions on a sustainable project. They are not mandatory or exclusive but considering all these options is likely to achieve a more sustainable development.
- Land use: Refurbishment; Mixed use; Brownfield; Urban regeneration.
- Biodiversity: Enhancing natural environment; Avoid damage or pollution.
- Human Impact: Comfort: thermal, daylight, acoustics, health; Communities.
- Transport: Non car dominated; Public transport; Cycling and walking.
- Energy: Low demand; Passive design; Efficient; Renewable.
- Waste: Minimise during construction and in use; Recycle.
- Water: Reduce and monitor use; Rainwater collection.
- Materials: Appropriate; Thermal mass; Insulation; Healthy; Reuse & Recycle.
- Management: Set initial targets; Review success; Publish results.
For further technical information and advice, contact us.